The VR800 software can be updated through the SCSI port. This means that unscrewing and opening up the VR800 panel is not necessary to change the EPROMs. Please refer to the following explanation for correct software updating procedures.
3-1. Method of Sending Software from Fostex Japan
There are two ways of sending the VR800 updated software.
1. Updated software in a removable medium (e.g. floppy disk, zip disk, etc.) to be sent via airmail
2. Updated software as an attachment file to be sent via E-mail
3-2. Required Tools
The following tools/equipment are required to update the VR800 software.
1. IBM PC/AT compatible computer with SCSI board
2. Removable type SCSI drive
3. Cable between the removable type SCSI drive and the SCSI board
4. Cable between the removable type SCSI drive and the VR800 (D-SUB 25-pin)
3-3. Software Updating Procedures
Presuming that the updated software is correctly sent and is copied into your computer.
1. Connect the removable type SCSI drive to the IBM PC/AT compatible computer SCSI port.
2. Insert the diskette to the removable type SCSI drive and format it by the computer on which Windows 95/98 is running.
3. Copy the updated software file to the removable type SCSI drive (diskette).
4. Set the removable type SCSI drive ID to 0 ~ 5 and connect to the VR800 SCSI port.
5. Turn on the power of removable drive and then VR800. The VR800 LCD display shows "No Disk".
6. Insert the diskette with updated software file. The VR800 LCD display shows "No Disk", "Initial..", "name of drive (e.g. ZIP 100)" and "updated software file name" in order and comes to a standstill at the display below. Memorize the displayed ROM version and date before updating the software.
Was this article helpful?