These supplementary pages contain information of improvements or modifications not documented in the current manual. All references to GenRad in the manual now apply to QuadTech, Inc.
Page v - Table of Contents (Parts Lists and Diagrams - Section 6)
• Power supply assembly, board layout and schematic (pages 6-15 & 6-16) replaced by Power supply assembly part number 700011.
Page xii - Specifications (High-Speed Measurement/Interface Option, Environment Power & Mechanical)
• Part Number for High-Speed Measurement /Interface Option should be 1689-9630.
• Power should be 90 - 250Vac, 50 - 60 Hz. Voltage switching is automatic and no longer selected by rear panel switch. 60 watts maximum.
• Environment reads, Altitude <2000m, Installation Category I, Pollution Degree 1 Page 1-8 - Figure 1-3 & Figure 1-4, 1689 and 1689M Rear View
• Rear view should show new power supply assembly (PN 700011) without line-voltage switch.
Page 1-9 - Table 1-2, Rear Connectors and Controls
• Ref No. 1 ----External bias connector receives cable 1658-2450 (not supplied with instruments shipped after July 97. available on request). Fuse is 2/1 OA 250V, 3 AG Type, Fast Blow. Replace only with the same type and rating.
. Ref No. 5 - A Fuse is 6/1 OA 250V, 3AG Type, Slow Blow. Replace only with the same type and rating. To replace, remove fuse drawer by pressing up on release tab
• Ref No. 6 - Line-voltage switch has been deleted, power input is from 90 - 250V AC.
Page 1-11,1-12 - Table 1-3, 1-4 Accessories and Options for the 1689/1689M
• A quantity of two spare fuses are supplied, 6/1 OA 250V, 3AG Type, Slow Blow (QuadTech part number 5330-1100)
• Bias cable 1658-2450 with built-in fuse (not supplied with instruments shipped after July 97. available on request). A quantity of one spare fuse is supplied, 2/1 OA 250V, 3 AG Type, Fast Blow (QuadTech part number 5330-3200)
• Part number for the recommended High-Speed Measurement/Interface Option has changed from 1689-9620 to 1689-9630.
A Before operating the instrument inspect the power inlet module on the rear of the unit to ensure that the properly rated fuse is in place, otherwise damage to unit is possible. Fuse is 6/1 OA, 250V, 3AG Type, Slow Blow.
Was this article helpful?