To remove the High-Voltage shield, perform the following steps:
1. Remove the screw from the plastic high-voltage cover on the bottom section of the Main circuit board. Press gently on the rear of the cover and slide it forward.
6. Lift the shield up and out of the chassis frame by removing the right rear corner first.
To reinstall the High-Voltage shield, perform the following steps:
7. Insert the shield into the chassis frame. Make sure that the shield's right and back top edges are in their chassis frame guides, that the crt socket-wire assembly is in its cutout, and that the Alt Sweep board is in its plastic holder.
7a. If applicable, reinstall the screw to the front of the High-Voltage Shield (removed in step 5a).
8. Rotate the support bracket back into place and secure it with the screw removed in step 5.
9. Reinstall the screw at the upper right-hand corner of the shield (removed in step 4).
10. Reinstall two screws securing the shield to the back of the chassis frame (removed in step 3).
11. Reinstall the screw holding the shield to the Main circuit board at the right side of the frame (removed in step 2).
12. Reinstall the plastic high-voltage cover on the bottom of the Main circuit board and secure the shield and cover with one screw (removed in step 1).
2. Remove the screw securing the High-Voltage shield to the Main circuit board (located at the bottom of the circuit board near the right side of the frame).
3. Remove two screws securing the left rear of the HighVoltage shield to the back of the chassis frame.
4. Remove the screw from the front upper right-hand corner of the High-Voltage shield.
Was this article helpful?